New Membership Card System
I am delighted to inform you that our club membership card scheme is ready for implementation.
Please inform all your senior section members (18+ years) that we will be issuing their membership cards on Friday, September 14, 2018, from 6pm till 10pm and Saturday, September 15, 2018, from 2pm till 10pm. The scheme is initially for senior members only. We will review it at a later date with a view to extending to all junior members when appropriate.
To receive their cards members must bring photo ID and sign to accept the cards’ terms and conditions (see the attached terms and conditions to ensure a thorough understanding of membership card usage). Failure of members to bring appropriate photo ID will prevent us from issuing their membership cards.
We understand that some members may be unable to make these dates, so they will be able to collect their cards from behind the bar whenever suits them and the bar is open. They must have their photo ID ready and sign to accept the terms and conditions. The bar staff will be trained in how to issue cards but will only be able to do so when they have time to perform the complete issuing process.
The initial membership cards issued will be free of charge. However the safety and security of the card becomes the responsibility of the member to whom the card is issued. Should the card be damaged or lost there will be a £5 charge for each replacement card.
Please also be aware that as of September 14, when the membership card scheme comes into full effect, there will be a 10% increase in all alcoholic drink prices. Anyone not in possession of a membership card by this date will have to pay the increased price.
Membership Card Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions, a copy to be signed by each member on issue of the membership card, constitutes the rules and regulations in relation to the usage and responsibilities of each club member to whom the membership card is issued.
- The membership card provides a 10% discount on alcohol purchases from the bar.
- The membership card must be presented at time of purchase to access the discount. No card: no discount.
- The membership card is for use by the club member to whom it is issued and cannot be passed or transferred to any other person(s). Should this happen management reserve the right to refuse use of the card.
- Members are permitted to use the card to purchase drinks for themselves, friends and family. However it must be the club member to whom the card is issued who uses the card.
- The safety and security of the membership card is the sole responsibility of the club member to whom it is issued. Poynton Sports Club is not liable for any loss or damage to the card. If the membership card is lost or damaged a replacement can be purchased at the bar for £5.
- Summer sections’ (cricket, tennis and bowls) membership cards will expire on May 31 each year. Winter sections’ (football, lacrosse and table tennis) cards will expire on October 31 each year. If club membership ends prior to these dates the member’s card will be registered as null and void and any discount prices currently on offer will expire.
- It is the responsibility of each section’s membership secretary to provide membership information to the club manager, prior to the expiry dates detailed above, for members who renew their section membership and require their cards to be extended.
- The annual renewal of membership cards must be confirmed by your section membership secretary. Should your section membership secretary fail to confirm you have renewed your membership by May 31 or October 31 (as appropriate) your card will automatically expire.
- Anyone who wishes, on presentation of a photo ID and who signs these terms and conditions, can join the club as a social member. The fee for social membership shall be applicable at the time of issue.
- Social membership cards will expire 12 months from the date of issue and can be renewed at the bar.
- Should management believe the card scheme is being abused , they reserve the right to refuse that member’s card usage pending a review by the executive committee.
- The membership card scheme is run and managed by iCall4. Membership card scheme details are held securely on a central database by iCall4. The membership details held are for the sole purpose of enabling the membership card scheme. No members’ details or information will be passed to any third party for any other purpose or used in relation to any other scheme.