Update from the Club Officers in relation to the resumption of selected sports activities
Recently announced relaxations by the government has led various sports governing bodies to issue guidance to clubs to assist the move towards restarting selected sports in a controlled way. Utilising this advice, the Club Officers have worked with both the Bowls and Tennis sections to agree policy and protocol procedures to enable the resumption of these sports at the club, albeit in a limited and controlled manner. Members wishing to resume activity in either of these sports should, in the first instance, contact their appropriate section coordinator in order to fully understand and agree to the procedures laid out and book a time slot for play.
For Bowls the designated coordinator is : John Laverick – 07906 857318
For Tennis the designated coordinator is : Michael Atherfold – 07984 973887
At this stage the following common conditions apply to all activities:-
- The clubhouse, including toilet facilities shall remain closed to all members. Grounds staff will use the clubhouse as Welfare facilities.
- The club grounds will remain closed to vehicles, access to the grounds being via cycle or on foot.
- All use of the facilities MUST be booked through the relevant section coordinator.
- First aid provision and sanitisers shall be provided by the section for their use within their sporting facility.
- Only fully paid up members shall be entitled to take part in any sectional return to sport.
The ECB have issued guidance to enable limited and controlled use of cricket nets facilities. The club are working with the cricket section in order to get the net facilities into suitable playing condition and design a Protocol document that will enable the booking and use of these. Once the Protocol document has been agreed and signed off by the Club Officers a further notice will be issued.
We would ask all members who resume activity to respect the conditions of use given by their sections and to adhere at all times to social distancing measures, especially in relation to the ground staff who are still undertaking ground maintenance duties at this time.
Enjoy your sport! Stay Alert, Protect the NHS, Save Lives.